- Monthly breakfasts are in-person again. Breakfasts are open to all, no registration required, just stop by. Hope to see you there!
The Columbia Amateur Radio Association (CARA) is an IRS-listed 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in support of amateur radio in Howard County, Maryland.
CARA offers many opportunities for licensed operators as well as those interested in learning more about amateur radio. We:
- Operate four repeaters that extend the range of FM UHF/VHF (2m and 70cm) radios throughout central Maryland.
- Provide ham radio operators at public service events across the state of Maryland.
- Host an annual CARAFest that provides local hams an opportunity to buy, sell, and trade.
- Fund two $2,000 scholarships each year to support youth in STEM-related academic studies.
- Encourage the technical growth and experience of our members through club-sponsored activities and a series of expert speakers at monthly membership meetings.
- Hold a monthly breakfast gathering and other social activities to keep us in touch.
What are we up to lately? Check out our Faceboook page and Events Calendar. You can also find us on QRZ.com.