UPDATE: CARAFest will take place at the Howard County Fairgrounds on Saturday, 3 October 2021!
- Looking to sell some ham gear? Sign up as a vendor or tailgater.
- Looking to buy some ham gear? Browse a great selection of vendor and tailgater tables.
- Looking to updgrade? VEs will be onsite offering licensing exams.
Check out https://carafest.org/ for more information.
- Monthly Breakfasts. Starting in August 2021, we return to in-person breakfast at LaMadeleine in Columbia. We will reassess if the COVID-19 situation changes.
The Columbia Amateur Radio Association (CARA) is an IRS-listed 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in support of amateur radio in Howard County, Maryland.
CARA offers many opportunities for licensed operators as well as those interested in learning more about amateur radio. We:
- Operate four repeaters that extend the range of FM UHF/VHF (2m and 70cm) radios throughout central Maryland
- Provide ham radio operators at public service events across the state of Maryland
- Host an annual CARAFest provides local hams an opportunity to buy, sell, and trade
- Fund two $2,000 scholarships each year to support youth in STEM-related academic studies
- Encourage the technical growth and experience of our members through club-sponsored activities and a series of expert speakers at monthly membership meetings
- Hold a monthly breakfast gathering and other social activities to keep us in touch