Anyone who is interested in amateur radio is welcome to join. You do not need to be a licensed ham to be a member.
Benefits of being a CARA member include:
- A large group of knowledgeable and friendly people willing to help you with your radio communication questions
- Lending library of reference books and other resources related to amateur radio available to CARA members
- Selected radio and test equipment for loan to CARA members for temporary use
- Space in the CARA newsletter for members to advertise personal radio equipment for sale to CARA members
CARA offers three classes of membership:
- Full - Current licensed amateur radio operator, with dues paid in full; may vote in regular and special meetings
- Associate - Not licensed amateur radio operator, with dues paid in full; may not vote in regular and special meetings
- Life - Granted by the Board of Directors as per the Bylaws; may vote in regular and special meetings
CARA membership payments are due on January 1st of each year. As a one-time courtesy to a new member, if the member pays in the last quarter of a year (between October 1st and December 31st), the dues paid will count for the following calendar year.
- $10.00 - Regular member
To join, complete the membership application and pay the dues through the PayPal link below. You may also mail a check, or pay by check/cash given to the Treasurer at a CARA meeting.