Anyone who is interested in amateur radio is welcome to join. You do not need to be a licensed ham to be a member.
Benefits of being a CARA member include:
- A large group of knowledgeable and friendly people willing to help you with your radio communication questions
- Lending library of reference books and other resources related to amateur radio available to CARA members
- Selected radio and test equipment for loan to CARA members for temporary use
- Space in the CARA newsletter for members to advertise personal radio equipment for sale to CARA members
CARA offers three classes of membership:
- Full - Current licensed amateur radio operator, with dues paid in full; may vote in regular and special meetings
- Associate - Not licensed amateur radio operator, with dues paid in full; may not vote in regular and special meetings
- Life - Granted by the Board of Directors as per the Bylaws; may vote in regular and special meetings
Dues cover the period of one calendar year (January through December). Payments made during the months of November and December will be credited to the following year unless specifically requested in writing. Payments made during any other month will be credited to the year in which they are paid.
- $10.00 - Regular member
To join, complete the membership application and pay the dues through the PayPal link below. You may also mail a check, or pay by check/cash given to the Treasurer at a CARA meeting.