Anyone who is interested in amateur radio is welcome to join! You do not need to be a licensed ham to be a member.
Benefits of being a CARA member include:
- A large group of knowledgeable and friendly people willing to help you with your radio communication questions
- Lending library of reference books and other resources related to amateur radio available to CARA members
- Selected radio and test equipment for loan to CARA members for temporary use
- Space in the CARA newsletter for members to advertise personal radio equipment for sale to CARA members
CARA offers three classes of membership:
- Full - Current licensed amateur radio operator, with dues paid in full; may vote in regular and special meetings (Dues: $10.00/year)
- Associate - Not licensed amateur radio operator, with dues paid in full; may not vote in regular and special meetings (Dues: $10.00/year)
- Life - Granted by the Board of Directors as per the Bylaws; may vote in regular and special meetings
CARA membership payments are due on January 1st of each year.
- As a one-time courtesy to a new member, if the member pays in the last quarter of a year (between October 1st and December 31st), the dues paid will count for the following calendar year.
To join, complete the membership application and pay the dues through the PayPal link below. You may also mail a check, or pay by check/cash given to the Treasurer at a CARA meeting.